Tuesday, May 10, 2011

First World Problems

Having forgotten my phone at Dan's on Monday morning, I faced three days of phonelessness with optimism and good humour.

It'll be liberating! No pesky telephone calls! If people want to meet up, we'll actually have to make PLANS! What a hark back to the halcyon days! Maybe this evening I'll gather my family 'round the wireless for an evening's entertainment!

It was not like that. Not like that at all. The amount of time I have wasted over the last two days is astronomical. Waiting at bus stops (Where before I could call for a lift home), attending an already cancelled cello lesson (She tried to reach me), missing out on lunch dates (because nobody could get hold of me).

Not having a phone is a curse. Not having a smartphone is an even worse curse. I felt absolutely ridiculous this evening, stranded at the bus stop for 45 minutes with a laptop, a Kindle and an iPod, but absolutely unable to help myself.

I got a cab home. I am so ashamed.

No comments: